Wednesday, September 2, 2015

I set a goal for 2015 to do Beth Moore's

bi-weekly scripture memory challenge...
and so far I've been able to keep up with it...
I've been sharing on instagram and facebook the little art pages I do in my spiral book that helps me visualize my verse [and hopefully be able to memorize it more easily.]
And I know I've also shared some of the Bible journaling I've done
to further highlight the two verse each month... 
But today I wanted to share another way I'm digging just a little deeper into them...
Bible Mapping.
[Google it.]
I'm using a little notebook [$1 composition book] and write my verse [sometimes in a couple of different translations] - sometimes BIG and sometimes small...
Then I highlight the words that jump out at me [in the moment - love how scripture speaks to us where we are on any given day.] Then I use a thesaurus to learn a bit more about those words... which sometimes leads me to other words...
Then - if I have room, I re-write the verse [using these words] 
to express the meaning of it for me. 
There's not much that's 'pretty' about my 'maps' - 
But I've enjoyed focusing on these little mini-studies as I go through the month...
Do any of y'all do Bible Mapping?
I"d love to hear from you!

No comments: