Monday, September 17, 2012

Well...

I was supposed to work out of town all week [I'm a policy trainer for the state..] and while I don't 'love' Montgomery - I'd settled in, had a manicure,
[hey! a girl's gotta do something fun to make it through a week away from home -- I tried the gel polish, btw, and it looks great - I'll report on this in a week or so -]  
and had spent some time with Art -
First, copying a  fun little zentangle - 
a doodley little art trend that I've been wanting to give a try - 
And then, ofcourse, with my water color crayons, 
that I love traveling with so much -
Idea from Pinterest
...when Craig ended up having a bit [?!?!] of a health scare and I came home [OF COURSE] -  He's good now, changed some meds up, and we're learning that our bodies change as we get older... So thankful I have a flexible job and co-workers 
who step in and pick up the slack for each other.
And -- what started out as a not so great week 
ended with some excellent time with family and friends
 Going to the Demolition Derby at a local County Fair with friends is somehow becoming a yearly tradition for us - CrAzY, I know. Not only do we end up cheering a favorite driver on by the end of the night [none of whom we know --] we also get to indulge in a bit of 'people watching' and have fried food of all kinds [none for me this year] and cotton candy!
I love this man who is willing to jump in and have a photo taken with Elroy the Elk and me -
We loved having the youngest and his gal home for the weekend - so fun to JUST BE with them and to see he and the oldest enjoying time together - 
Much talk about the Senior Project and after-graduation plans...
Time sure does fly, doesn't it? We celebrated the oldest's birthday at Bridge Street [a local shopping plaza] and while this photo isn't the best, it does capture the moment... so I love it. 
We ended the weekend with dinner in Tennessee to 
celebrate Craig's mother's birthday - good times.
So, a busy week, but oh-so-good in the end.
[Drew has become quite the frisbee golf player and
Matt always enjoys a game with him when he's home -]
Oh, and my office move has been pushed back for two, maybe, three weeks... which means, not only are we working out of packed boxes, I also no longer have my computer desk... or desk light... or radio... or bulletin board - all of which I use daily...
Wheeeeeee......
Have a great week y'all!

3 comments:

Gloria L. said...

A good week indeed! And boy do I agree about our bodies changing as we grow older...

Marianne B in AZ said...

Sounds like your week did have a better ending than it s started out to have. Your everyday life really makes mine dull in comparison ! Love the art you got done before you were called home. So glad all is well with Craig!

Omaloriann said...

Sounds like a very busy week. Glad Craig is ok & that you got some good quality 'boy' time in this week.