Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

  1. A work week in town! So nice to have time with paperwork [seriously.] And lunch with a friend.
  2. Who’s loving the current issue of Scrapbooks, Etc. as much as me? The last few have been so much better to me – and not just because Ali Edwards is showing up in them… and how funny is it that I knew the article this month was hers just by looking at one layout [with no children’s photos]?
  3. Pauly as a sleek summer dude - He finally went to the vet for the first time – started to just get a rabies shot, but decided it would be best if we go with the full exam so he can be neutered in a few weeks – not that he’s a wanderer, or anything, bc he surely does stay close to home, but you never know … [Pauly as a winter marshmallow -]
  4. Youngest left for AU on Thursday evening – it always surprises me how quickly he can get things packed into that car of his. And it was sad to see him go – even knowing that we’d see him on Sunday…
  5. I’ve started the Made to Crave Bible Study again – this time with on-line friends. [You might remember that my local group did this in the spring when I was traveling so much due to the storms – so I never got back to it.] There’s A LOT OF STUFF packed into these two little books.
  6. Oldest rode his motorcycle to Birmingham this week – and I’m just glad I didn’t know about this in advance or I would have been an Anxious Annie… he made it safely home despite my worries.
  7. And Craig and I enjoyed a much needed get-a-way this weekend. We love to get away from the hum-drum of life and just enjoy being together every now and then.
  8. So we went to Tennessee and had a nice meal with family and then we picked up these gorgeous things. Oh. My. I almost cried when I saw them. Remember, they looked like this as we collected them with three different purchases: They are every bit as beautiful as I’d imagined and I couldn’t be happier with the way they turned out.
  9. I also went over to CKC-Nashville and shopped a bit [saw where Archiver’s is coming to Nashville in just a couple of months, and while it won’t be a reason for me to go – it will be a stop when I’m in town.] I took a class from SEI – I really love their products - while Craig shopped at Bass Pro. And then we went on The World’s Longest Yard Sale for a bit and found only a few things to buy – but had a lot of fun along the way. [I’ll share more about that adventure in a couple of days.]
  10. We finished up the weekend by going to sweet MK’s birthday – it’s hard to believe she’s THREE already. And she’s not one to sit still long for a photo – so I grabbed this one from her blog and took it on a little picnik --

3 comments:

Gloria L. said...

It rained the entire time I went on the yard sale route around Mentone, so no luck for me! I passed on CKC Nashville, but glad you enjoyed it! Hope it was well attended!

Viji Siddharth said...

I have never been to a CKC....on my to do list ! I love the picture of the little girl with balloons..so cute!!

Marianne B in AZ said...

You "new" chairs and glider (or is it a slider?) are gorgeous! It is wonderful that you are rescuing these vintage items that need to be taken care of before they are just piles of rst.