- So, how do I even begin to talk about this week? Most of you have already heard about the devastating storms we had on Wednesday... the storms of the century some say... [photo off the internet - Cullman, AL]
- Over 150 tornadoes counted in our state alone...
- So many injured, so many deaths, sooooo many houses damaged or destroyed...
- Over 300 people still missing in Tuscaloosa... [photo from my cousin's backyard - Decatur, AL - thanks Sandra]
- For us - not so bad. I stayed home from work on Wednesday since I work on the 9th floor and would be in the basement all day [would rather be on leave, at home, where I can watch the radar and keep up to date with the weather as it came in.]
- Our electricity went out late afternoon and didn't come back on until 11:30 Sunday night. [Only 30 % of our county has power and we're being asked to conserve since MAJOR lines still have not been repaired.]
- So we packed up to ice chests with the stuff we wanted to save most from the freezers and took it to a parent's house.
- We cooked and ate a TON of shrimp Thursday night, along with frozen potatoes and corn. [Just keeping it real, folks.]
- We lived by flashlight for a few days [thank goodness our water was still on - so no problem there.] Love [[LOVE]] these caps with lights on them.
- And we pray for those who have lost everything - literally. We're just now seeing the news reports and videos from the last week. It's just overwhelming as the reality of it all sinks in.Go HERE to donate.
'round the house (100) Angst (2) art journal (51) Be Present (19) Be Real (15) Blessed (28) Book Shelf (6) Charlie Brown Lessons (10) Choice (4) Cookie of the Month (11) Corrie Ten Boom Quotes (12) creativity (306) Devotionals on Creativity (10) EOYOL (26) Everyday Goodness (322) faith based pages (145) Favorite Photo on Friday (130) He Speaks to Me (73) heirlooms (15) Library of Memories (6) Lottie Scotty (23) magic (13) mixed media (50) Monday Musings (167) My studio (4) Once a Month [old stuff] Giveaway (59) One Little Word (68) Project Eighteen; (1) recipes (72) right here right now (37) scrapbook (126) stitches (14) stories to tell (6) Ten on Tuesday (52) Ten on Tuesday 2011 (50)