- Another busy week at work – had a last minute opportunity to go to the Alabama Gerontological Society Conference and was able to hear [the real] – very interesting… [Not a fan.]
- Since I didn’t want to stay overnight that meant driving 2 hours back and forth each day – still, worth it to be home with my sweetie.
- Had a special ‘gift’ when a sweet little girl said my name for the first time – ever! It made me happy. [I cried to see the progress she’s making.]
- Beautiful weekend weather! Lots of things blooming around our yard this time of year – dogwoods, iris, violets, and azaleas. Love it.
- Craig had some time with his mother and fished in a tournament with a new partner on Saturday,
- Drew enjoyed a mud hole in his jeep with some friends,
- And I went to my regular monthly crop. I made ‘Cowboy Caviar’ and it was quickly eaten [easy- peasy: drain & rinse a can of shoe-peg corn and a can of black-eyed peas, add a can of ro-tel tomatoes to the colander [don’t rinse.] Stir in 1/ 2 chopped green pepper, a few chopped scallions, some garlic and cumin, salt to preference. Serve with fritos scoops. Yum.
- It was SO COLD in the room we crop in that I could barley think and only completed 2 pages…
- So I left early and picked up some vegetable plants and went to work in my sunny garden for the rest of the afternoon.
- I also did a little thrift store shopping and found a couple of summer dresses that look brand new [one Cold Water Creek and the other, JG Hook] for about $5.00 each – can’t beat that.
'round the house (100) Angst (2) art journal (51) Be Present (19) Be Real (15) Blessed (28) Book Shelf (6) Charlie Brown Lessons (10) Choice (4) Cookie of the Month (11) Corrie Ten Boom Quotes (12) creativity (306) Devotionals on Creativity (10) EOYOL (26) Everyday Goodness (322) faith based pages (145) Favorite Photo on Friday (130) He Speaks to Me (73) heirlooms (15) Library of Memories (6) Lottie Scotty (23) magic (13) mixed media (50) Monday Musings (167) My studio (4) Once a Month [old stuff] Giveaway (59) One Little Word (68) Project Eighteen; (1) recipes (72) right here right now (37) scrapbook (126) stitches (14) stories to tell (6) Ten on Tuesday (52) Ten on Tuesday 2011 (50)