- Note to self: zoom on phone is digital; not optical [and worthless.] But given the right parameters the phone CAN take some pretty good pictures! [All photos on this post were taken with my phone.]
- I cut my hair this week. At work. With paper scissors. When I’m tired of it, it just has to go – ha. [I’ve been doing this for years and have had only the occasional mess up.]
- Finished the week up with a little quality time with my new chipper / shredder – is it crazy to admit how much I enjoy pushing stuff through and seeing it come out in little bitty bits that will nourish my garden? Okay, so I embrace my quirkiness! Speaking of that -
- We gathered the youngsters together to enjoy the St. Paddy’s Day parade downtown. Lots of good green fun! [Legend has it that my great – great –great [?] grandfather was found on the side of the road with no memory, a head full of red hair and an Irish accent.]
- Afterwards we enjoyed the traditional meal of shrimp po’ boys and gumbo. [Ha.] What can we say? We’re loving this little Cajun place not far from our offices and wanted to share it with them.
- It was Spring Break for youngest and when he’s home we can almost always plan on having a house full of boys [young men.] I’ve said it before – we’re [very] happy to be the go-to house, still.
- He set aside time to be with his brother a few evenings, and of course we had some family time – just us. As much as I love that time, I find great joy in knowing they like to hang out together too.
- Loving all the mixed media stuff I’ve been playing with lately [haven’t done a scrapbook page in WEEKS!] It reminded me of my old purse that was so popular a few [?] years back – lots of compliments on it this week too.
- Still, I’m planning to scrapbook – and printed over a hundred photos [January – March] at Walgreens yesterday [- there’s a 10c coupon this week!]
- And I pulled out the sewing machine – I found a skirt I LOVE at a thrift shop and it’s about four sizes too big [not exaggerating – it could be a dress!] so I cut it down and will use the leftovers for [you guessed it] mixed media projects.
'round the house (100) Angst (2) art journal (49) Be Present (19) Be Real (15) Blessed (28) Book Shelf (4) Charlie Brown Lessons (10) Choice (4) Cookie of the Month (11) Corrie Ten Boom Quotes (12) creativity (301) Devotionals on Creativity (10) EOYOL (26) Everyday Goodness (318) faith based pages (139) Favorite Photo on Friday (125) He Speaks to Me (73) heirlooms (15) Library of Memories (6) Lottie Scotty (20) magic (13) mixed media (50) Monday Musings (164) My studio (4) Once a Month [old stuff] Giveaway (59) One Little Word (65) recipes (69) right here right now (33) scrapbook (121) stitches (14) stories to tell (6) Ten on Tuesday (51) Ten on Tuesday 2011 (50)