Friday, January 14, 2011

Favorite Photo Friday

This is new series on my blog that I hope will spur me on to scanning negatives for the past 20 or so years. I plan to share my favorite of a certain year / time period on Fridays. And while it may not make it in every Friday - the goal is at least a couple a month. Hold me accountable, okay?

So I'll start with one of my favorite photos from my dad's slides - you may have seen it on a layout already - I love it. My Mom and Dad about 1953 - While someone else took the shot, I'm sure my dad set it up - Of course the clear colors of the slide film from the '50s shows through beautifully across the years too, don't you think?

4 comments:

Gloria L. said...

Hey, this is great! What are you using to scan the slides with?

Scrapinkats said...

Great picture.. I hope to scan this year, I bought Gary a mini scanner last year but he has never opened the box.. maybe in my free time?

LindainNCtoo said...

I like this idea of yours, Judy.

I can see how you favor your parents in the photo!

Just a Simple Gal - Judy in Huntsville - AL said...

I use a little ION scanner that "scans" both slides and negatives - it actually snaps a high-res photo of them once you get it in position. I've scanned all of my dad's slides [love them] and now am working on the negatives from the rest of my life - and I ain't young, so that's a task!