- So the busy [but, oh-so-good] season has begun! I was out of town for work a couple of days this week… and let’s just say I know for sure that I’ll never be a ‘country girl.’ – I’m just sayin’. [Not that I live in a major metropolis or anything…]
- Enjoyed attending the Deeper Still Event in Birmingham with friends [and 14,000 other women] so much! I originally had something different planned for the weekend so it was a treat to get to attend at the last minute. [Thanks girls!] We shopped, had a nice dinner, ate chocolate chip cookies, lingered at Starbucks, – and worshipped together.
- First up was Kay Arthur – Bible Teacher Extraordinaire. She knows the Bible so well and can pluck out a verse to apply to any situation. What a role model she is for all of us! I can only hope to grow in The Word and be as active when I’m 77 years old [she never sat down for the entire two hours she was teaching us-] Wow.
- Next to speak was Priscilla Shirer – Love [LOVE] her Bible studies. And it was just wonderful to see her live and in person. She encouraged us to go to The Faith Place – That place where we’re not just studying The Word – but taking risks and stepping out in faith and claiming God’s promises to us. [She showed how these promises aren’t placed in our hands – but within our reach – and given to us when we move toward them in faith.] She talked about taking the next step of action regarding whatever God has been talking with you about. Wonderful.
- And then lastly was Beth Moore. I know I’ve made no secret about how I’d skip the video portion of our Bible Studies those first few times we did one of her studies. Something about her voice [a little Anne-Heche-like] and her teaching style was a little ‘preachy’ to me at the time. But let me just say that the Lord has used this woman to bring the Bible ALIVE for me – I’ve never loved history – but with Hs guidance – she makes it REAL.
- I’ve been to a couple of simulcasts where I’ve seen her “live” – but this was the first time ‘in person.’ It was a joy to hear her teach on Guarding the Treasures that God has given us – much like Mary did in Luke 2. Two points that stuck with me – 1] The enemy seeks to take away our treasure – and when we feel we can’t see any, we need to look to Jesus, and 2] We often miss the treasures in our lives because, instead of looking for them we’re filling our lives with ‘things’ [TV, computer time, games / hobbies, etc] that fill up all the space in our lives. We need to take the time to ‘just be’ with God and look for the treasures around us each day. [Could it be that 'treasure' is equal to 'Joy' - my word for the year?]
- They ended the event with a little ‘spontaneous’ Q&A. So fun to see a little of their personalities come through – and this is where Miss Kay [as Priscilla called her] rolled out scripture for almost every subject. Loved hearing The Word being applied to our lives today at the spur of the moment.
- I came home to some happy guys as the Auburn game had just ended. Regardless of how things turn out – there’s no denying that Cam Newton is an unbelievable football player. They showed me some highlights of the game – my favorite being when Cam knocks the cap off a referee and then, standing a good foot taller, puts it back on him while patting his head and then his butt. Too funny.
- Sunday afternoon Craig started cooking for his work luncheon: smoking 4 chickens and 50+ pounds of meat. It’s a lot of work – but he loves it. And it smells [and tastes oh-so-good.]
- And lastly, [life’s not all perfect] - let me rant a bit about upscale hotels [full beds instead of queen, no vents in the bathrooms, paid parking and internet, no complimentary breakfast, ETC.] and GPS devices [PEOPLE – if you look around at your surroundings there’s no need to plug in a GPS to go ten blocks! I mean, really, c’mon…]
'round the house (105) Angst (2) art journal (57) Be Present (19) Be Real (15) Blessed (28) Book Shelf (11) Charlie Brown Lessons (10) Choice (4) Cookie of the Month (11) Corrie Ten Boom Quotes (12) creativity (309) Devotionals on Creativity (10) EOYOL (26) Everyday Goodness (325) faith based pages (149) Favorite Photo on Friday (133) He Speaks to Me (73) heirlooms (15) Library of Memories (6) Lottie Scotty (26) magic (13) mixed media (54) Monday Musings (174) My studio (4) Once a Month [old stuff] Giveaway (59) One Little Word (72) Project Eighteen; (1) recipes (75) right here right now (45) scrapbook (128) stitches (14) stories to tell (6) Ten on Tuesday (52) Ten on Tuesday 2011 (50)