- My cotton is blooming! And this isn’t just any old cotton; it’s BROWN. Meaning the cotton bolls will not be white. So fun! I planted some green too, but it’s not growing so well.
- Simple things make me happy [or maybe little things can REALLY annoy me! Lol] So happy that Craig drilled two little holes in my lens cap so I can attach it my camera again [the little piece that was holding the strap broke sometime while we were at the beach - I’m so used to opening it up and letting it pop off without having to hold it…]
- And so happy to have a new mouse for our computer upstairs [where I do most of my photo uploading / editing, and playing of solitaire - ha] that works THE WAY IT SHOULD.
- Figs – FIGS everywhere! It’s been fun making FROG jam 5 / 7 days last week! And now that we’ve found a tree where we can pick our own, we plan to do a couple of more batches – I think I’m going to add some jalapeño to one batch – yum! [Think: fruity salsa, or pepper jelly.] Now I’m on the hunt for muscadines. And I may do a couple of little jars of pickles.
- Okay – I’ve resisted talking about it because I know that back in January [with weeks & weeks of temps below 30*] I was wishing for it – but we’re having some oppressive heat here in the south, y’all. And, I’m. Tired. Of. It. Day after day of 103* zaps my energy level so fast.
- We’re enjoying our house as much as we did 7 years ago when we first moved in. [Doesn’t the time fly by?] Love being right in the city, yet having an acre to hear the crickets and cicadas lull us to sleep. Fox and raccoons? Not so much -
- And we HAVE noticed a significant decline in our lightening bugs. I miss seeing them fill the air each evening.
- And there’s that little downstairs bathroom problem – hopefully you’ll be hearing more about this in the weeks to come. [Old house = old plumbing.]
- Poly [our new kitty] likes us now [she REALLY likes us!] – but she’s still so very skittish of noises. And she keeps us up at night wanting to play in between her little ‘cat naps.’ We’ll both be happy when she moves out of our room.
- Loved [[loved]] being with family this weekend as we celebrated Mk’s 2nd birthday at her house with my family [and her other grandparents] and had lunch with Craig’s parents at a favorite place in Decatur [with HUGE stuffed potatoes!] We cherish our family time! I think MK looks so much Kelly! But [I think] she definitely has Joey's eyes - and didn't Kelly do a great job on the cake?!?
'round the house (100) Angst (2) art journal (51) Be Present (19) Be Real (15) Blessed (28) Book Shelf (6) Charlie Brown Lessons (10) Choice (4) Cookie of the Month (11) Corrie Ten Boom Quotes (12) creativity (306) Devotionals on Creativity (10) EOYOL (26) Everyday Goodness (322) faith based pages (144) Favorite Photo on Friday (130) He Speaks to Me (73) heirlooms (15) Library of Memories (6) Lottie Scotty (23) magic (13) mixed media (50) Monday Musings (167) My studio (4) Once a Month [old stuff] Giveaway (59) One Little Word (68) Project Eighteen; (1) recipes (72) right here right now (37) scrapbook (126) stitches (14) stories to tell (6) Ten on Tuesday (52) Ten on Tuesday 2011 (50)