- Wow! I won the Amazing Scrap Race over on the Life Preserver’s Kit Club site. – With my busy schedule, my only goal was to complete the layout / photo challenge each week for the eight week ‘race.’ – eight weeks of ridiculous travel and summer fun, I might add. Being committed to something week after week is very difficult for me and I never expected to win. The prize I received was incredibly generous & I’m using it to get the alternate kit for the next few months. How fun is that?
- I love scrapbook kits! I’m just so not a shopper and I love that someone else shops and coordinates it all before sending it to me each month. And I visited BOTH Michael's and Joann’s this week and couldn’t find anything I just had to have… because I get such wonderful stuff right in my mail box each month!
- I had to work out / town on my birthday so it was so sweet of Craig to gather some friends for an impromptu dinner celebration before I left.
- While I was gone I read contract proposals in very uncomfortable chairs for three days in Montgomery [wheee!] & I have a bruise on the back of my calf from the chair [seriously! – I’m not used to sitting without a break All. Day. Long.]
- It’s harvest time! We pulled out the dehydrator and made “sun” dried tomatoes [yum-eee] and I also harvested a ton of basil and made a couple of batches of pesto – all in the freezer waiting to be used. [Except for the one little bag of tomatoes that Drew and I are munching on – and the bag of pesto in the fridge waiting for pasta tonight.]
- Last year we bought a jar of FROG jam in South Carolina and I’ve loved it ever since. Craig ordered some on-line and we’ve devoured it – so I’ve decided we must make our own! He bought some figs from a lady with a sign outside her house [‘Figs for sale’ – ha.] And I’ve made a couple of batches already. Can you guess what the other ingredients might be?
- Now we have a goal of propagating a fig ‘tree’ of our own. Wonder how long it would take to for it to produce figs?
- Played with some photos this week and love [love] how well the clouds / beach photo turned out in the post below. Isn’t God’s creation awesome?!?
- I’ve not mentioned it here, but my favorite cat [Cream – the yellow tabby seen in lots of photos in the past] disappeared [more than] a few months back – so I’ve been wanting a new kitten all summer. I was thrilled when a new friend [Mom to one of Matt’s good friends from Auburn] had some to adopt. She shared photos and Matt stopped by to pick up this little lump of sugar on his way back from AU Sunday night.
- I could tell from the photos that at least one of the siblings had cRaZy feet [my term, of course – otherwise known as polydactyl – Hemingway cats] but hadn’t looked closely enough to see that she had them too. Seriously – looks like a baseball mitt. But I think she’s adorable! Any suggestions for a name?
'round the house (101) Angst (2) art journal (52) Be Present (19) Be Real (15) Blessed (28) Book Shelf (7) Charlie Brown Lessons (10) Choice (4) Cookie of the Month (11) Corrie Ten Boom Quotes (12) creativity (308) Devotionals on Creativity (10) EOYOL (26) Everyday Goodness (322) faith based pages (146) Favorite Photo on Friday (130) He Speaks to Me (73) heirlooms (15) Library of Memories (6) Lottie Scotty (24) magic (13) mixed media (50) Monday Musings (168) My studio (4) Once a Month [old stuff] Giveaway (59) One Little Word (69) Project Eighteen; (1) recipes (72) right here right now (39) scrapbook (127) stitches (14) stories to tell (6) Ten on Tuesday (52) Ten on Tuesday 2011 (50)