Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

  1. ahhh – Mobile – I just looooove driving through those tree lined streets with moss dripping over the yards in the soupy humid heat. Seriously – I. Love. Mobile. But not enough to move back…I don't think...
  2. Had El Chico the first night down – oh how I craved their food 23 years ago when I was pregnant with our first child, so it’s always fun to visit and see that it hasn’t changed much in all these years.
  3. And I visited a new scrapbook store – cute with lots of space for cropping and classes.
  4. Also visited Dauphin Isle late one afternoon – and while I didn’t SEE any oil – I did smell the machine-like-exhaust smell when I first got on the island. But the beaches [and wildlife] are as beautiful as ever. For now.
  5. Kudos to Craig for finagling my hotel room for the week [three reservations were needed to get me the whole week – crazy because of all the people coming in due to the oil crisis – lots of Coast Guard personnel at my hotel.] Silly me, I thought I could walk right in and get the coupon rate as I’ve always done before –
  6. Long days of training policy and being ‘on’ left me pretty tired [and maybe a little grouchy – ha] during the evenings.
  7. I stayed over to go to Gigi’s on Saturday for some scrappy fun [and was NOT disappointed – see tomorrow’s post.] A great way to relax after a long week.
  8. And of course, while there I had to spend a little time with my Lord while sitting out on The Gulf beaches that I love so much. Gulf Shores was beautiful – no oil on the day I was there. [And really – it’s not going to get up on that gorgeous white sand unless a hurricane blows through.] Officials are doing a great job monitoring the water for safety so go on down and enjoy The Gulf.
  9. Father’s Day was laid back for us and we just enjoyed being together – eating at Surin, watching the boys fly [rc] planes, and working in the yard. [It was only the day dry enough to get it done. – Lots of rain while I was gone. ] The boys gave Craig another year’s subscription to The Advertiser Gleam – one on the BEST small-town newspapers around!
  10. And last night I had a great evening at dinner & church with friends as we listened to Mandissa tell her story of God’s love.

2 comments:

craftymom205 said...

Great Ten on Tuesday as usual. Great pics of the beach. Would love to be there right now.

Scrapinkats said...

Great ten! I can't wait to here about Gigi's... I wished everyone could read about your beach trip... so sad that people are afraid to go... they need help more now than before.