Sunday, October 18, 2009

Last Harvest?

Possibly - I'm waivering between tearing it all down and putting it all in the compost pile or waiting a while longer... we still have some green tomatoes on the vine, and obviously the banana peppers are still a peppering away... and I'd love to see just how long we can sustain it. Those little cantaloupe were planted in July so I never expected them to make - I just dug a little hole in the ground outside the garden [think: no improved dirt for them] and they went a little crazy - so I'm already thinking that next year we'll definitely have cantaloupe and maybe I'll try pumpkins too.
Don't you think this weather is delicious? We had one son home from AU and enjoyed having him here while he enjoyed seeing friends most of the weekend. But our weekend goal was to complete the laundry room re-hab. And, yay! It's done! We still need to get another load of trash out [our bin is full] and a carload of stuff to goodwill, but once we had add a few more shelves for storage it will be complete. And I'm happy to know it's all cleaned out, because, quite honestly, I haven't spent a lot of time in there since the great rabbit massacre of 2008... now there's a story for another time...

1 comment:

Erin Bassett said...

Georgous! That's one of the things I can't wait to do once we move. -There's nothing like fresh foods from your own labor!!