Friday, October 16, 2009

Encyclopedia of Your Ordinary Life -E

A few years ago I had the opportunity to complete this extraordinary scrapbook album designed by CathyZ and based on the book, Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Rosenthal. While I still haven't read the book, I love the concept of this album - a random sampling of those ordinary facts about your life [my life.] The homework involves keeping a list, A to Z, of random memories for several weeks and then gathering photos [or not] to support these memories. Love it. The album is really very simple [a la Cathy Z] and easy to put together with only two square photos per page and two to four 'definitions.' Have I said I love this album? And I want to share some of my life with you so I've committed to do just that in 2009 [keep in mind this was completed during the summer of 2007.] I'm going backwards and today I present: E

EDDIE BAUER

This is my absolute favorite clothing line. I love the style, the comfort, and the fit. I can’t remember when I first bought “Eddie’s” clothes, but I know I’ve worn only this brand of jeans for the last 15 years. I have dresses, t- shirts, pants, and sweaters, even a bathing suit from “Eddie” and love them all!

EQUALITY

Something I believe in strongly. As a [white] child growing up in the sixties I don’t remember prejudice in my house. Instead I remember Joe allowing his friends of color to do work for pay [digging our basement, etc.] He would go pick them up and drive them home and say to us that he wanted give them a job because other people wouldn’t hire them. I also remember his anger at Wallace when he blocked education. When schools were desegregated I was told we were merging school zones and that there would be a lot of new faces in our classrooms, nothing racial. My memories…so different from the world’s…

EASTER

This is one of my favorite times of the year. A time to celebrate Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection! Our Christian faith – completely. Easter Egg Hunts, and dying eggs have always been a part of the celebration [and Mom and Dad surprising the boys with a basket full of goodies,] but the real joy is celebrating our Lord with songs of praise – and thanksgiving for what He did [so willingly] to allow us to have eternal life.


No comments: