Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cookie of the Month - August

Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
These are the cookies I often refer to as 'the ones that made me fat.'
I went through a period of time as a teenager when I'd make these over and over again. They're so popular with our family that when we published our family cookbook back in the 80's there were three different recipes for this little cookie [also called boiled cookies, or oat candy.]
And I had a former co-worker who had a particular love for them until an unfortunate incident with a client, whom, let's just say, had some problems...
So since I've lost ten pounds this summer and
plan to jump back on the wagon, hmm, treadmill this week -
I made these to celebrate.
I'm sure you'll enjoy them too -
Boiled Cookies[please excuse the deformed tomato on the counter...]
Mix together and boil for one and a half minutes:
2 cups sugar
1 stick butter
1/2 milk
2 tablespoons cocoa
Remove from heat and add:2 cups [quick cooking] oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
Beat well and drop by spoonfuls on waxed paper.
They will harden as they cool.
Oh, and for those who missed it -
the July Cookie of the Month can be found HERE.
haHAha
[I confess, it's just been posted today...]

1 comment:

Gloria L. said...

YUM!!! These are my (grown) son's favorite cookies! I've made them many times - we call them no-bake cookies. Really tasty, with either creamy or chunky peanut butter. Enjoy!