Friday, July 17, 2009

Encyclopedia of Your Ordinary Life - L

A few years ago I had the opportunity to complete this extraordinary scrapbook album designed by CathyZ and based on the book, Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Rosenthal. While I still haven't read the book, I love the concept of this album - a random sampling of those ordinary facts about your life [my life.] The homework involves keeping a list, A to Z, of random memories for several weeks and then gathering photos [or not] to support these memories. Love it. The album is really very simple [a la Cathy Z] and easy to put together with only two square photos per page and two to four 'definitions.' Have I said I love this album? And I want to share some of my life with you so I've committed to do just that in 2009 [keep in mind this was completed during the summer of 2007.] I'm going backwards and today I present:L
LAWN MOWER
A machine that is used to keep our yard tidy and neat. I so enjoy the mind-less task of mowing the lawn. And now that we have a bigger lawn and a riding lawn mower I always think of those long summer days riding lawn mowers through the fields with Debby around her house [of course, the blades were up!] We would ride for hours and the tops of my legs would get so sun-burned [no sun screen back then.] So much fun until we got our little Honda 50’s then we thought we really had it all! These days I enjoy riding up and down the hills of our back yard, mindlessly mulling over the things in my life…


LUNCH
Throughout our marriage, Craig and I have always made the effort to meet for lunch to reconnect, compare schedules, thoughts, and dreams at least once a week, without the boys. We believe it’s made our marriage stronger and helped us be a team in parenting. Now that my work is a little more flexible, I often meet with girlfriends for lunch too. -- A nice little break in the middle of the day or work week.

1 comment:

morningDove said...

wow that is a nice size yard, my hubby would love a big yard to mow. any excuse to get on a riding mower and clip,clip,clip.
how sweet you two made a commitment to meet for lunch and share the happenings of the week. a great idea.