Friday, May 8, 2009

Encyclopedia of Your Ordinary Life -Q

A few years ago I had the opportunity to complete this extraordinary scrapbook album designed by CathyZ and based on the book, Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Rosenthal. While I still haven't read the book, I love the concept of this album - a random sampling of those ordinary facts about your life [my life.] The homework involves keeping a list, A to Z, of random memories for several weeks and then gathering photos [or not] to support these memories. Love it. The album is really very simple [a la Cathy Z] and easy to put together with only two square photos per page and two to four 'definitions.' Have I said I love this album? And I want to share some of my life with you so I've committed to do just that in 2009 [keep in mind this was completed during the summer of 2007.] I'm going backwards and today I present: Q

QUIET CLEAN HOUSE

As a working mom. one of favorite little selfish pleasures is to be all alone in my own home. And if it’s nice and clean, then that’s an extra treat! I sooo enjoy sitting in our living room and looking out of the house at the trees in our front yard. I’m blessed to have such a sweet family of boys and I love every minute I have with them, but, on occasion, I do enjoy being alone in a quiet clean hose.

QUOTES

I’ve always kept a little book to write down favorite, random quotes I find. They can be about anything – love, friendship, God, life, etc. It’s fun to refer back to quotes that spoke to me at different times in my life. Now my quotes are more likely found tucked away on the computer in a file all their own.

QUILTS

Little bits of memory that are sewn together with love. Some of my earliest memories are of bedding down in Mama Moland’s back bedroom with five or six quilts piled on top of us during a cold winter’s night! There were always cousins around to share the fun and if we were lucky we got to sleep in the big feather bed up front! And when a storm ‘came up’ we’d head to the cellar and bundle up under quilts and tell ghost stories by the light of kerosene lanterns. I love quilts - whether they are full of fond childhood memories or newly purchased – they represent a tradition of warmth and caring in my family.


No comments: