Friday, March 7, 2008

Been busy...

And I've gone from this:to this:
[Four little boxes setting on my shelf!] Yippee! I've sorted / discarded/ and put photos into my own library of memories and cold storage via Stacy Julian's system in Photo Freedom. I was lucky to be able to pick up a copy at Scrap Bowl a week or so ago and she was sweet to sign it for me - even though she called me a 'cheater' in her class since I brought my own paper...

These last 1,000 or so photos went pretty quickly since I'd started a similar system when I filed them away in 1994 [!yikes!] So it was just a matter of deciding which ones one go in my library file[s] and which ones would stay in cold storage. So glad it's done and so happy to have my photos easily accessible and easy to locate when I want them.

[And I found a photo of Drew with a MOHAWK from when I was cutting his hair once - he was, maybe 7 - just shows he's had this mohawk need for many, many years...]

But now I'm thinking I want copies of the GOOD photos I've taken through the years that are now secured to scrapbook pages... do negatives last forever? I have negatives all the way [back] to 1969... will they still print a good [color] quality photo? [With the understanding that the color / photo quality of some my cameras were probably lacking, can anyone say 110?] Anyone? Because I'm thinking I'm going to have to do this to add [what I consider to be] my BEST photos to this library system.
Would love to hear what you think....

2 comments:

All That Chit Chat said...

Hi there. Thanks for visiting and leaving such nice comments! Abundant blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you've got all your photos sorted and ready to go. Who cares if they are 110 photos. Isn't it the memories that count. Now that you've got yours done, ou want to come sort mine now?